All classes should complete this by Tuesday as a review for their test.
725: Finish word problems on the back on the worksheet handed out in class yesterday.
Also finish the worksheet given out today --> Skills Practice: Similar Figures
Study your vocabulary for your Test next week! (Tuesday:723/725, Wens:715)
They should be in your notes, and can also be found in the glossary, just in case here you go:
- Adjacent sides: two sides that meet at a vertex
- Corresponding angles: angles that have the same position in similar figures
- Corresponding sides: sides that have the same relative position in similar figures
- Similar (this might be in your notes as scale diagram...but on the test it will look like this): a diagram of an object in which the dimensions are in proportion to the actual dimensions of the object.
- Scale factor: the number used to multiply the lengths of a figure to stretch or shrink it to a similar image:
- Ratio: a comparison of two quantities
- proportion: an equation stating that two ratios are equal
- Perimeter: the distance around a figure measured in units.
- Area: the space inside of a plane figure measured in square units.
-Find the missing side
-Find the missing angle of the triangle
-Find the scale factor from the bigger triangle to the smaller triangle
-Find the scale factor from the smaller triangle to the bigger triangle
-Determine how many times greater the perimeter is of a similar triangle.
-Determine how many times greater the area is of a similar triangle.